Niki's Gaming Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My job search journey

Go down

My job search journey Empty My job search journey

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:56 am

Is it bad that I am not looking forward to search for work?
I find gaming more fun (of course) but also I find it easier to achieve high status where in real life it is full of disappointments and getting no where and working my ass off just to be stepped on. In a game I find it a lot easier to just drop it if I am not having fun but in the real world it reflects bad on you if you quit a job without another one lined up. And with the economy today .. I can't afford to get that. So for me I am not looking forward to the search....

I know I shouldn't game so much but I guess I just don't want to deal with all the negative stuff right now. I will search for a job ... later .. when the weather warms up .. when more job opportunities present themselves .. when opportunity knocks on my door loud enough for me to take off my headphones and open the door ... Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

My job search journey Empty Re: My job search journey

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Okay so today I am searching for jobs and frankly there are NOT a lot at all ... Crying or Very sad

I have searched in:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - 1 job .. I applied.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Customer Service Representative will provide excellence in customer service and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to every client.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To provide efficient and courteous customer service
· Provide compression and other fittings - stocking, braces, custom fittings
· Answers customer inquiries regarding products, policies, etc.
· Resolves customer complaints according to established guidelines
· Performs stock counts as assigned
· Receive incoming orders
· Complete all sales related paperwork
· Control cash, cheques, etc. in accordance with the cash handling policy
· Comply with all store policies and procedures
· Comply with all health and safety regulations
· Demonstrate a professional image, including clean and complete uniform with name badge
· Perform other duties as required

COMPETENCIES:
· Demonstrates a commitment to achieving meaningful results
· Displays unwavering commitment to our values
· Acts in accordance with policies and procedures
· Builds collaborative relationships
· Adapts to changing needs, priorities and opportunities
· Projects a positive image which serves as a role model to others
· Accurately identifies customer expectation and needs
· Continually searches for ways to improve customer focus
· Communicates information clearly, concisely and professionally.

ATTRIBUTES:
· Superior interpersonal and listening skills - pleasant, approachable, and patient
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Commitment to providing superior customer service
· Punctual and reliable
· Previous retail experience an asset
· Previous experience in the Healthcare industry an asset
· High School Diploma
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - 2 jobs (same company) I applied.
Description:
Your goal is to assist in maximizing the sales and profitability of the store by achieving and surpassing store’s sales, productivity and shrink goals.

You would provide the coaching and leadership required to assist with the hiring, development and success of store teams in the areas of customer service, operations management and human resources.

Requirements:
* Minimum 2 years retail experience with some exposure in store management
* Post-secondary education is preferred
* Proven leadership and coaching skills
* Understanding of retail financial knowledge, and ability to recognize personal impact in driving sales
* An excellent fashion sense and visual presentation skills
* Ability to work in variety of locations within your geographic area
* In addition to applying online, you are encouraged to bring your resume directly into the store and apply in person.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - none Sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - 1 job .. I applied.
Storefront Employee
Working as a member of the team you will enjoy the friendly, fast-paced environment that loyal customers have come to rely on. If you thrive on being a part of a diverse team, providing excellent customer service and want to gain valuable skills then this is the opportunity you have been looking for.

Apply to this job if you:
  • Want to be part of a great team and love to work with people
  • Have a positive attitude
  • Want a safe working environment
  • Enjoy having a flexible work schedule to suit your individual needs

and even lesser known ones such as:

hospitality serve (formally barserve): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:01 pm

So applying for more jobs and still haven't heard anything back..

Inventory clerk

Skill Requirements:

Education: Not required

Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not applicable

Experience: Will train

Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English

Work Setting: Retail, Industrial establishment

Inventory Clerk Specific Skills: Record the quantity, type and value of stock on hand using computerized or manual inventory system

Additional Skills: Provide customer service

Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling

Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Willing to travel, Willing to travel regularly, Public transportation is available

Work Location Information: On-site customer service

Essential Skills: Reading text, Numeracy, Oral communication, Working with others, Continuous learning

Other Information:We are seeking anytime/daytime availability. Must have reliable transportation.This is NOT an office job. We are an inventory company that performs PHYSICAL inventory counts for our customers ON SITE.

Job Requirements/Duties

* Proficient with the RGIS hand held computer and other inventory equipment.

* Achieve established average per hour (APH) counting goals while ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data collected in all inventories worked.

* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.

* Ability to work assigned shifts and adhere to a flexible schedule with varying hours to include working an extreme schedule, resulting in long hours on occasion.

* Ability to work in various work environments, such as stores, warehouses, outside industries, etc., with potential exposure to cold and heat.

* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties.

* Access to reliable transportation.

* Ability to complete other duties as assigned by Management.

* Places community before self, engages and works effectively with and assists other Team Members.

* Ability to relate information clearly and accurately, verbally and in written form, in a positive manner that yields cooperation.

* Creates partnerships and instills trust and confidence in one's abilities, based upon demonstrated expertise.

* Takes initiative to explore and suggest new approaches that can impact quality and/or quantity of job performance and organizational effectiveness, innovative.

* Demonstrates a positive presence and energy. Is optimistic, maintains a positive view of life. Is respectful and honest with others.

* Maintains a can do attitude, attacks job with passion, demonstrates a sense of urgency and delivers excellent output.

Physical Requirements

* Prolonged standing with occasional walking (frequent)

* Repetitive motions requiring use of both wrists and hands as well as fingers (frequent)

* Able to work for extended periods of time (frequent)

* Low level positions: squatting, kneeling, and crouching (frequent)

* Use of ladders and step stools up to 8 steps high. (frequent)

* Balancing when counting stock from ladder (frequent)

* Conveying detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly (frequent)

* Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information (frequent)

* Able to lift and carry items up to 25 pounds (occasional)

* Able to travel by car and plane (occasional)

* Able to travel including overnight stays (occasional)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down