Niki's Gaming Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!)

Go down

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Empty Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!)

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 am

I love this game! I have been playing a LOT of minecraft (sadly instead of looking for work) and I absolutely love it! I mean if you are spoiled by top of the line graphics you might judge this game negatively at first but it is really really good! It is really well made and I can't believe how well it is for a beta! Can't wait til it is out of beta and everything is ready to go!

During the day you gather wood and build a shelter .. because at night the spiders, zombies, skeletons and these things that explode called creepers come out. So you have to be sure to have your shelter ready and not jump ahead of yourself. The days don't last as long in game as they do in real life. Wink I like having my distance set real high to not be blinded by fog because I love the clarity and being able to watch the stars at night. How ever those bad guys start getting noisy and ruin the serenity of the night. Oh well haha! I have built 2 castles (which are one if you count them joining under ground with a long tunnel as one) and have learned the importance of using lights (torches) and also in not putting too many windows but at the same time putting one that you can take a peek out of to see when day light is here again! I also learned that with those darn Creepers it is a good idea to not stick with dirt for your walls but to make them stronger (rock) when you are able.

To make the beta easier for me to learn I first played it on "Peaceful" which is not default but is without all those bad guys coming out at night. Those bad guys scare me because they come out as soon as it starts to get dark and stay even after the sun starts to rise. I have seen a skeleton catch fire because once he saw me he did not retreat and the sun hit him. Spiders will stay out during the day if they spot you. These bad guys hurt so I also learned the importance of making good armor!

Yup a fun game! Learn more about it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Empty Re: Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!)

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Okay so here are some pictures I took of the game:

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) SUuUM
Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) J0lnz
Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Qhq9j
Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) FoIjJ
Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) GqNIZ
Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) 20nSi
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Empty Re: Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!)

Post  Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Wow I want to do this!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Minecraft rocks!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:33 am

Trying to make my own skin I came across a program called MCSkinEdit:

Download it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but I had a hard time getting the preview to work .. and now I can't get it to work even with the link to the jar file I used before ...

I did find other programs for other things to do with MineCraft I am thinking of checking out however:

This one is so you can do quick commands (like on the server I play on I find it helpful to have the command /home set up in this):

This one helps you set up musical things to make songs:

Oh well .. Guess I will put that off for now. Asked for help on this thread:

For now I will be watching these videos on how to play:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Empty There was an update in MineCraft game that also required servers to update

Post  Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 pm

There was an update in MineCraft game that also required servers to update which some went down for a day or more.

So I played single player as well as played on servers on temporary maps in the game.

The biggest thing I noticed with the update?? BEDS!! Yes there are now real beds in Minecraft! And yes if EVERYONE sleeps then night passes fast.

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) S7lUT

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) 2SRWL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

I like making my character unique and like me so I tried to use SkinEdit but couldn't get it to work on my computer! Then on a forum someone mentioned this and I love it because it is all online and nothing to install! Smile

cheers

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Niki11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

I love that vid and wish I had all those resources to make myself a city (even though no way it would look as nice as that though!)

Also I want to make a mob trap!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:03 am

Oooh I didn't see this part of that online creator I was playing with the other day:

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Ogyqo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Speaking of slimers... (that green head), I saw my first them in the game last week!!!

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Slimes10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 am

Guess what guess what guess what? This is exciting! Look what Minecraft has in store for us!

Minecraft (This game is beta but so addictive!) Wolfpet

Next for Minecraft: Pet wolves

by Justin McElroy on Mar 18th 2011 8:00PM

Big news for Minecraft-ers looking to perfect the Game of Thrones simulations they've been tinkering with: A demo video reveals that pet wolves are currently being developed for the world-building sim.

Okay, so maybe they're not necessarily as "dire" as the canines that attached themselves to the Stark family in George R.R. Martin's series, but at least they're really, really adorable. See for yourself in the video just after the break.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down